Wednesday, May 22, 2013

How to find the right Drug Dealer in Los Angeles.


                                       ...DRUG DEALER?!  


Yeah... I'm actually completely useless in that department. However, something us CAL-EE-FORR-NI-YANS are addicted to is YOGA.



I started practicing yoga when I lived in Venice, CA (shock) at EXHALE but didn't catch the yoga bug to the extreme I have now until I moved to Miracle Mile and started practicing at Moksha Yoga on La Brea. Upon my move to the area, a $40 first month special caught my eye and then ....captured my heart. (awww

At the time, I was coming out of my first serious relationship in LA needing to quickly adjust to my new area of town and craving an outlet for anger I was harboring from the failed relationship.

I walked into my first Moksha class, a frail and strunken version of my normal self. After coping with months of stress; grasping onto a relationship that died due to "my inability to handle dating a celebrity," I needed something substantial to get me back to my core self and to a state of happiness.

Rather than drinking my weight in booze to numb the pain, I turned to rebuilding my strength-- emotionally, mentally, and physically. Almost immediately when I laid down in the heated environment, I felt slightly more at peace. Somehow every thing the Yoga Teacher said resonated with me and I realized I had found the next best thing to therapy. Anytime that I felt like I was harboring anger, wanted to soak my pillow in tears or drown myself in wine, I went to yoga. Sometimes two, even three times a day.

I can't express how grateful I am to the family I feel I have at Moksha Yoga. I am a happier, more confident, stronger version of the Steph I was walking into class in September 2012. Moksha practice has not only become my favorite activity but I am focused, centered and have more self respect through my practice and mediation than I have in years.


I highly encourage anyone who is having a difficult time managing stress, conflict and/or depression to attend a Moksha Yoga class. There's only one in LA on La Brea but there's locations all over and worth doing the research. Honestly, any type of yoga encourages daily self practice, promotes core strength and mediatation.

I close with this: "Breathing in, I calm my body. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment, I know this is a wonderful moment."

Until we meet again, may you achieve inner peace and a great set of buns.
OoXx.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment